Sunday, October 21, 2012

10-21-2012

Where: Swamp Property

Stand/Location: SE ground blind on food plot

Time In: 7:00am

Time Out: 9:30am

Wind: SW to S


      Well I ended up hunting the ground blind, just erected 10-20, on the Southeast side of the food plot due to not getting ready to head out early enough in my opinion to get to the tree I was gonna hunt  (like to be nearly an hour before legal shooting time/hour and a half before sunrise).

      Well all was quiet till around 8:00 when I heard something off to my NW. Grab the grunt call and decide to see if I could figure out what it was. Grunted some and ending with some tending grunts. I hadn't even got the call down on the ground of the blind before I had a young 70 inch 8pointer coming straight for me through the food plot. He would continue till about 15 yards to my front before cutting West(left) and stood broadside for a few minutes.

      He would continue to circle in behind me and approaching the blind close enough for me to hear his breathing. He eventually did get uneasy and blowing just a touch before taking off for the corn.

      That is all the action I got but it was the first buck spotted while hunting and wasn't a terrible buck. Big body and rack for his age, which I'd say was 1 1/2 year old.

     Finally saw a buck at swamp and he was reactive to calling....could be heating up?!

No comments:

Post a Comment