Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10-16-2012 Afternoon/Evening Hunt

Where: Swamp Property

Stand/Location: Far SW corner of corn field in tall grass

Time In: 2:00pm

Time Out: Dark

Wind: S winds


Well after a very uneventful morning hunt I decided to try something different. With the North/South corn rows and East/West corn rows flowing into the SW corner of the field I figured I'd give setting in the extremely tall grass in a tree line located right there. Here is some pictures to show you where I was seated in the 60+ degree sun...



So hot I took rubber boots off in order to not sweat a ton in them. I did put them back on once it cooled off some.

War pain needed obviously hah!
     Well just so everyone knows the original spot farther South down the line I was gonna sit in I discovered was in fact a buck bed! I took one step into the weeds/grass and saw them: TWO BIG FRESH RUBS...then I saw the bed with the customary back rest log in it.

     My initial thoughts are this very well could be one of AWD's beds due to the fact of how he's moving along the Southern edge of the corn field...but only time will tell if I'm right I guess.

     Well I'll make this quick, only saw 2 deer and heard some deer blow across the access road all at the same time....ALL DUE TO THE NEIGHBOR RIDING HIS HORSES JUST 25 MINUTES BEFORE DARK ON THE ACCESS ROAD! DUMB!

No comments:

Post a Comment