Thursday, November 15, 2012

11-11-12 Heat, winds....happy wife

Specs of the hunt:

Where: Homestead

Stand/Location: Far NE for the 3rd straight day with the good winds for it.

Time in: 6:00am

Time out: 1:00pm down

Wind: S (strong)

Well this sit would end up being useless. The deer simply didn't move, it was DEAD. Nothing before light, at light or after light. I would sit till about noon before the winds started reaching 25 and the temps started creeping towards 70 degrees....I started debating whether this was worth it...whether I was simply wasting time.

Well with the high winds supposed to get worse and temps sure to hit near 70 I elected to get down...go home...and take the wife out for a much needed date. She was amazingly happy and shocked when I texted her with the news, and that alone made the day worth it I guess. Only deer I saw all day was a little yearling fawn  that came in and bedded down behind me right around lunchtime...which would get spooked by the owner coming to the barn yet again this day. The joys of urban hunting haha!

Here's a pic of her:


No comments:

Post a Comment