Tuesday, October 1, 2013

So It Begins-October 1st 2013

Well with the opener I was found hunting what I assumed would be the least intrusive stand...not necessarily the one I expected the most movement as I realized it is early and nothing needs rushed.

So I hunted the Oak stand that is central on the swamp property just N of the food plot and to the NE of the micro plot just yards up the two track from the larger one. For reference in 2013 this puts the Hay all the way to the East of this stand, the corn E and SE, and the beans already picked to the S. (the corn was picked too).

Wind was SSW, not the best but not the worst either really and I was hoping the pre-dawn wind would suck a deer worth an arrow up into the northern bedding...Temps were mid 50s at light and creeped up to the mid 60s by 11 when I started packing up.

-Had an unconfirmed buck subtly grunting and visibly shaking a branch but never got confirmed visual.

-Around 8:15 had two does come in from behind and get nervous when hitting access trail...no stomping or blowing just slowly leaving.

Had to get a lot of work done for my one business scheduled to have a big day October 2nd so left at 11am. Oh how great it was to be back in the saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment